Child CareAssistant Group Supervisor
1150 N 4th St, Sunbury, PA, 17801
Assistant teacher to the Head Teacher (in infants, 1 year old, 2 year old & 3 year old classrooms)
- Straightening up the room: washing dishes, cleaning toys, wiping down cribs, high chairs, regular chairs, tables, counters, & shelves, putting away toys, sweeping/mopping floors, bathrooms, etc.
- Supervising children while playing indoors or outdoors (must always know group and number of kids in the whole group.)
- Changing diapers, soiled clothes, toileting, etc.
- Preparing, feeding, and cleaning up children after their meals and snacks. o Administering medication (if over 21 years of age) and First Aid
- Performing other various tasks assigned by your supervisor: reading stories, playing games, communicating with parents, etc.
- Providing stimulation through holding, rocking, comforting, talking to and playing with the children.
- Writing daily reports to parents, filing out accident or Boo Boo reports, or the information board.
- Help plan, execute, and evaluate a total program for the children in your care. This includes helping to write lesson plans for daily activities.
- Communicate with the parents upon drop off/pick up and when the need arises in the absence of the Head Teacher. This includes enforcing the health policy.
- Assist in training, orienting, and supervising the classroom aides and substitutes.
- Be an active participant in weekly swim time (if your classroom swims)
- Help plan and organize field trips and special days.
- Keep the childcare Director informed of any problems that may arise concerning discipline, staff, maintenance, illness, supplies, etc.
- Help ensure ratios are always met (1:4, 1:5, 1:6, 1:10) o Change and compile the room bulletin board monthly.
- Help complete children’s developmental checklist as required by DHS and STARS.
- Attend and complete various staff trainings: 9 – 15 hours per year.
- Meet physical requirements such as lifting up to 50lbs.
A High School Diploma or General Education Certification AND a minimum of 2 years’ experience (2500 hours) related to the care and development of children and working towards obtaining a CDA or higher.
Free Gym Membership & If Regularly scheduled 35 hours or more you are eligible for our part-time PTO:
25-35 hours a week
$10-$12 Per hour
December 21, 2022