Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA Communications Coordinator
Under the guidance of the CEO, Branch Directors and Art Center Director the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organizing and administration of the GSV YMCA’s communications, including but not limited to, advertising, printed materials, and public relations. The Communications Coordinator will spend time in each Y branch every week, with their main office based in Mifflinburg or Lewisburg YMCA.
- Oversee all communications for the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA in partnership with communications staff at the Y branches.
- Directly responsible for communications tasks at branches without a communications staff. Will work closely with the staff at those locations.
- Directly responsible for the correctness and accuracy of all materials and duties that are assigned.
- Directly responsible for producing promotional materials, press releases and placing orders for all association advertising (newspaper, radio, etc.) including the smart and efficient use of available YMCA funds.
- Responsible for producing and emailing monthly newsletters to members and community VIPs, and reviewing emails created by branch level communications staff.
- Directly responsible for producing and distributing to media outlets branch and association-wide press releases.
- Responsible for producing materials, including flyers, social media posts, TV slides, and marketing plans for association wide programs, promotions, events, and campaigns.
- Responsible for producing the GSV Y Annual Report each year and assisting with the Annual Dinner Meeting.
- Responsible for representing the YMCA at local health fairs and expos in conjunction with Directors, Program & Membership staff.
- Organize and send all bulk mailings.
- Creates an approved association-wide marketing calendar in cooperation with the Membership Marketing Committee.
- Directly responsible for the GSV Y website. Serve as the direct contact person between the YMCA and Seven Mountains media. Work directly with all YMCA staff to ensure the website is kept up to date. (ie. Bi-weekly reminders to staff to review the website.) keeping it updated as well as constantly evolving the content to keep up with the latest technological advances.
- Responsible for creating and scheduling association wide social media posts and assisting with branch specific posts. Responsible for supervising all GSV Y social media pages and groups as an administrator of each page.
- Promote YMCA presence, programs, membership, and events in the community through above mentioned methods.
- Analyze and track information and results of promotions. Watch for trends associated with different avenues of marketing which prove the success or ineffectiveness of the various avenues that we use and make adjustments as necessary.
- Serve as the GSV Y Brand Advocate to YUSA. Be thoroughly educated in the Y branding guidelines. Assist other staff in learning and implementing brand compliance.
- Serve as corporation photographer, photographing events and programs to be used for promotion of the GSV Y. Compile an annual photo slide show to use at the annual meeting.
- Create videos to share mission moments, or to promote membership, programs, and events.
- Assist the CEO in preparation and implementation of the annual meeting, annual support campaign and other special events and fundraisers.
- Assist the Membership Directors in building relationships with our current Corporate Members and attract new Corporate Members
- Be familiar with the happenings at all branches and the YMCA Mission Statement. Communicate that information to the community.
- Follow the policies and procedures established by the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have the following qualifications to successfully perform the position:
- Knowledge and skills regarding public relations and marketing.
- Detail oriented and artistic abilities for creating aesthetically pleasing materials.
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Capacity to interact with members, parents and program participants, work peers, branch execs, etc. in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Free YMCA membership and discounted programs.
March 1, 2023