Lewisburg - Summer Camp Counselor - PT
120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is looking for an energetic “go-getter” to be a part of the most fun and exciting Summer Camp team in the region. Applicants will need to ACT QUICKLY as interviews are happening now.
- The commitment is June 12 – August 18, 2023 at approximately 25-40 hours/week.
- You’ll work closely with children ages 5-12.
- Camp will include sports, games, field trips, swimming, and much more.
- Experience with children and sports preferred, not required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and pass background checks.
Camp Counselor Job Responsibilities:
- Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for camp participants.
- Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Follows the camp's schedule every day.
- Organizes and leads various small and large group activities.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all areas kids will be in.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records, including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Records and tracks camper’s dietary restrictions/allergies and ensures that the meals/snacks are distributed to them.
- Mediates any campers’ disputes.
- Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your charges at all times.
- Maintains constant surveillance of all camp areas, especially pool/body of water areas.
Summer Camp Counselors must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Free YMCA membership and discounted programs.
Flexibile work hours! Camp is weekdays from 7 AM to 5 PM.
March 16, 2023