Under the general supervisor of the Membership Director, the front desk receptionist will maintain positive relationships with members by successfully managing the front desk and cleaning the facility
1. Follow duties assigned by the Membership Director. These duties may include:
• Accepts and demonstrated the Y’s core values and has a desire to fulfill community needs.
• Improvises quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances, to better meet the needs of members.
• Manages the front desk effectively including phone calls, member’s questions, registrations, and payments.
• Maintains a safe, clean and secure facility. Responsible for locking/unlocking the facility, organizing and cleaning including the front desk, bathrooms, and exercise equipment and vacuuming.
• Maintain positive relationships with members and other staff through seeking to understand the other’s point of view, building credibility and remaining calm in challenging situations.
• Following Y procedures, including those related to medical attention (CPR, First Aid), disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
2. Find a substitute when unable to work.
3. Attend various staff trainings.
high school diploma/GED, general computer skills, a positive attitude, good communication skills, and be responsible
Free YMCA membership; programming discounts